The Guildhall is one of the oldest houses in Framlingham. Although the front is 18th century Queen Anne style inside there is 16th and 17th century timberwork. It was built on the site of a building known to exist in 1363. The raised pavement area in front of the building marks the boundary of the Mansion House that formerly stood on the site. Note the mathematical tiles on this and the adjoining houses hung on battens to give the effect of a brick wall and cover up a timber-framed building.
© 2017 Framlingham Town Council. Website by Topcat Media.com