Jeaffreson's Well was sunk in 1896 in memory of town doctor William Jeaffreson FRCS and his wife Caroline. It was covered with a conical roofed, open-sided structure. Isaac Larter was the first man to make use of this supply communally when he put a tank in the roof to supply the bungalows he had built in Saxmundham Road in the 1930s. The well and tank are now disused.
© 2017 Framlingham Town Council. Website by Topcat Media.com