The Mills Almshouses are named for Thomas Mills who came to Fram to learn wheelwrighting as an employee of Edward Smith who then left the business to Thomas. Perhaps inspired by both the Robert Hitcham Almshouses and his faith Thomas left instructions in his will for the building of six almshouses.
The Mills Almshouses are now owned by The Mills Charity
The Charity owns eight 0ne-bedroom Almshouses in Station Road. The building is listed and is a fine example of building work around 1703. Each residence has one room upstairs and one room downstairs; at the rear are a kitchen, bathroom and a lobby. Each home has its own garden at the back; the front garden is for all the residents to enjoy and is kept tidy by a gardener. There are no nursing facilities and residents are expected to be able to look after themselves and to cook for themselves. The residents pay a weekly maintenance charge. Refurbishment takes place every 20 years or so.